The Walla Walla Immigrant Rights Coalition is hiring immediately:
Walla Walla County Outreach Coordinators for the Washington Immigrant COVID-19 Relief Fund
The Washington Immigrant Covid-19 Relief Fund is a $38-million-dollar fund for state residents who cannot qualify for unemployment or federal benefits because of their immigration status.
We are looking for people who will:
· Work as part of a team to spread the word throughout Walla Walla County about the new Immigrant COVID-19 Relief Fund
· Help immigrants throughout Walla Walla County apply for this new benefit
· Assist in staffing the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network statewide hotline
Hours and Compensation:
· 20 hours per week through December 31, 2020
· $10,000 total stipend, paid in monthly installments (plus mileage)
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Own transportation – Driver’s license & insurance
· Ability to do outreach throughout Walla Walla County (including Burbank, Prescott, etc.)
· Passionate about immigrant rights, social justice, and community outreach
· A people person who knows Walla Walla’s immigrant communities well
· Detail oriented and able to organize a large outreach campaign
· Proficient in: Zoom and other virtual meeting programs; word processing; and navigating online forms
· Ability to keep important personal information confidential
· Able to be trained to staff the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network Hotline for at least one 4-hour shift a week
· Will follow Washington State COVID-19 safety requirements while doing this work
· Able to work some nights and weekends
· Able to start immediately
How to apply:
Send your resumé and short responses to at least two of the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org (Materials and responses may be in English or Spanish)
o How are you involved in local immigrant communities? (church, schools, organizations, clubs, sports, etc.)
o Why do you think you would be good at organizing a county-wide outreach campaign?
o Why are you passionate about helping Walla Walla’s immigrant communities?
We will start reviewing applications October 12 and continue until the position is filled.
If you have questions about the position please call Aaron 509-540-0156 or email email@example.com.